Blogger = Heena Bhimani
Being a Dietitian, the first thing I've been inevitably asked is if I eat salad all day.
Nooo ... I eat everything, just that Salad is an Important part of my Diet.
It's Quick and Easy to make and Delicious way to get one's Body Alive.
Especially in Summer salad will help us to nourish and hydrate our body cells.Salads are high in fiber and has high water content helping us to Flush Out the Toxins.
High fiber salads eaten before a meal tend to help you consume less of the higher calorie foods served afterward.
Lack of Sufficient Fluid can cause Lack of Energy, Headaches, Muscle Cramps, Weakness and Water Retention.
It's no Fun having Heavy and Hot Food in Summer.Salad will keep our internal system cool ,make us feel fuller with fewer calories and help in losing weight faster.
Reaching for a Watermelon or Cucumber after Finishing an Intense Workout may Hydrate your Body Twice as Effectively as a Glass of Water because it has Natural Sugars, Amino Acids, Mineral Salts and Vitamins Which Body Loses in Exercise.
How to Make a Salad?
- Add Vegetables and Fruits that you Like –
- Add some protein depending on what you prefer - A Vegetarian Salad or A Non Vegetarian Salad You may add Chicken, Meat, Fish, Paneer,Tofu,Soya Chunks, Sprouts, Quinoa,Cooked Legumes/Beans etc Protein is Important. Made up of a series of essential amino acids, proteins are the building blocks to healthy skin, muscles, bones, and even brain function
- Add some Nuts and Seeds - Nuts like Almonds, Hazelnuts, Pine nuts, Pistachios,Pecans, Walnuts etc Seeds like Pumpkin Seeds, Flaxseeds, Sesame Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Chia Seeds, Poppy Seeds etc Nuts and Seeds have it all - Rich in Energy, Protein, Antioxidants, Minerals, Vitamins, Much discussed Omega 3 Fatty Acid etc
- Salad Dressing and Seasoning Most commercial Salad Dressings will do more Harm then Good. So opt for Natural Dressing and Seasoning like Balsamic Vinegar, Yogurt, Honey, Lemon juice, Spices, Pepper, Basil etc. These add good flavor and perk up our metabolism.
- Add Oil and Acid The Ratio of Oil to Acid (Vinegar) is Often 3:1 Prefer Extra Virgin Oil or Virgin Olive Oil for Salads. They are cold pressed from Olives using Minimal Heat and No Chemicals.As a result they retain the highest amount of Phystochemicals and nutrients as compared to Pure Olive Oil or any other Refined Cooking Oils.
I Hope after reading about the Health Benefits of Salad you all will be Motivated to Add Salad into your Daily Menu.